Self-Service Copiers/Printers Copyright Policy
The UConn Libraries offer public self-service facilities for photocopying and printing.
The U.S. copyright law governs the copying of copyright protected materials. Patrons using public machines are liable for any infringement.
The following may be reproduced on self-service copiers and printers.
- Entire works or sections of works that are in the public domain
- Entire works or sections of works by the U.S. government
- Entire works or sections of works used with permission from the copyright holder
- Portions of books, journal issues, and other print resources that meet a reasonable determination of fair use
- Works used under the provisions of a contract or license agreement; such agreements may differ from, and often take precedence over, what is allowed under copyright law
Users of self-service facilities should also be aware that the law and UConn Libraries' policy prohibit the color reproduction of certain items.
A "Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions" sign will be prominently posted at all public and staff self-service facilities used for reproduction.
Information in this page was reviewed and approved by legal counsel. Please see disclaimer. Review date: March 2007.