The UConn Stamford Campus Library Learning Commons brings together Library Services, Technology Support and the Writing & Q Center in one space. Located on the first floor this collaborative effort gathers all resources and space for working on academic assignments to the 21st century.
Regular Fall & Spring Term: Library Hours: Monday-Thursday - 8:00 - 9:00PM & Friday - 8:30 - 4:00PM,
Saturday - 10:00-4:00PM & Sunday - Closed. Check online for exceptions and closures.
The Library Learning Commons offers:
|• Computer Workstations (first & second floors)||• Library Circulation Services|
|• Printers (B&W, Color)||• Collaboration Spaces & Study rooms|
|• Scanners||• Research Assistance|
|• Research Databases||• Comfortable furnishings|
|• Writing and Tutoring Center ("The Source for Active Learning")||• Whiteboards (electronic & traditional)|
|• Academic Software Programs||• Library Equipment Loans|
|• Technology Support||• Quiet Study Areas|
• Wireless Printing (B&W $.10cents| Color $.35cents)
• HuskyTech (student tech support)
• go.uconn.edu (student portal)
• Google Apps@UConn (UConn Gmail)
• University ITS (UITS) Help Center
PH: 860.486.4357 (HELP) | Email: helpcenter "at" uconn.edu
• Digital Learning Center (HuskyCT Tutorials & More)
•Printing & Photocopying (B&W $0.10 cents per page/ Color $0.35 cents per page). Your
UConn ID is Required (Husky One Card).
Writing & Q Center Support
Stamford Source for Active Learning ("The Source")
Questions/Comments for: Writing Center contact email@example.com
Questions/Comments for:Q/Tutoring Center contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Tutoring Services not available during Winter/Spring Intersessions and Summer Sessions.
• We're on Facebook! just search "UConn Stamford Writing Center," and like our page.
• Follow us on Twitter: @uconnstamwc
•The tutoring schedule will be announced at the beginning of the semester through the UConn Stamford student mailing list; make sure to check your UConn email for Writing Center updates. Flyers will be available in the library when available.
• Go to the ADVAPP website, at the drop down menu listing....
a) Select “The Source (Stamford Writing Center & Q Center)” from the drop-down menu list, and click “continue”
b) In the next screen, login with your UConn NetID
c) Following the instructions after you login, make your appointment (no more than two 30-minute appointments per day)
• When you make an appointment online, you will receive an email confirmation. If you don’t know your NetID and password, you need to visit http://netid.uconn.edu to find out and activate it.
• You can meet with your writing consultant for a 30-minute one-on-one session in the library.
• You should bring the assignment sheet and instructions to your session, if coming for an assignment.
• Need to cancel an appointment? Look for cancellation links and tutor contact information thru ADVAPP.
|• Schedule an Appointment thru ADVAPP and Select “The Source (Stamford Writing Center & Q Center)” from list.|
• Citation Guides & RefWorks (APA, MLA, etc)
updated December 2014