Resources in Engineering
Full Text Patents Databases
Need help understanding patents? Try:
Patent Applications Patent Priority Patent Families
- European Patent Office Includes European, United States, and World IPO, as well as some Japanese and Chinese patents with full image availability varying from country to country. Patents displayed page by page. Patents up to 50 pages long can be saved and printed. Includes an excellent tutorial on patent searching.
- Google Patents Full text of all US patents from 1790-current in an easy to search and display format. Patents can displayed in their entirety and saved as PDF files.
- Pat2PDF.org Retrieve US patents by patent or application number in PDF format for easy printing or saving.
- United States Patent Office Full scanned images of every U.S. patent from 1790-current. Patents earlier than 1976 can only be retrieved by patent number or patent classification code. Patents from 1976-current can be searched for using keywords, inventor, etc. Patents displayed page by page and require special plugin to view.
- SIPO The Chinese patent office. Machine translation of most patents is also available.
- Connecticut State Library Historical Connecticut patents. 1800-1900. Not fulltext. Can retrieve text and images from the USPO using the patent number.
Patent Offices and Organizations Around the World
Return to Engineering Contents